Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Shawn, Jared & Taylor's Birthday Party

Well kids we had another busy weekend full of fun times!

Everything got started on Friday night when Rob & Dawn came over with some chicken wings and beer!  It was a beautiful night outside and we sat on the patio and caught up on everything that had been going on.  We have not seen them since the spring so a lot has happened over the summer including Jessie going to ECU!!  Go Pirates.



Well they left and I was ready for bed but as usual your mother was ready for the hot tub...once again by herself.  After giving her some grief about going by herself I went upstairs and she headed to the bathroom.  Well the next thing I know I woke up at 2:30am to something pounding...as I got my senses together I went out in the hallway and looked over the banner...yup she had locked herself out!  She had been trying to wake me for the last 3 hours and I was dead asleep!  The real problem was she was naked so she couldn't even go to the neighbors house to have them call me.  She tried to make a bed figuring it would be a while but that just didn't work.  Anyway all ended up ok and it just made for a sleepy day on Saturday!


Well since our schedules are what they are we had never celebrated Shawn & Jared's birthdays and as you know Friday was Taylors birthday so today was the day.  Everyone had little something's going on but could make it for dinner except for Ryan and Dee who had a work dinner that they had to attend.

Birthday boys and girl
 
 
 



If you get all 4 of your bean bags in the hole in the same round you get to sign the boards...as you can see Shawn accomplished it and did just that!


 
 The dogs came also and Jared had them jumping for a stick.




Franny sure has some jumps

All that jumping wore Rita out!

It was a fun time with Big Al's chicken wings, pizza, corn hole and plenty of beverages.  In between there was a little football and of course the race.  Sure would have been nice to have that outdoor TV already set up!  Tomorrow's blog will have the gift opening.

4 comments:

  1. I am with Rita...tooo much work chasing sticks. You guys seem to have a lot of parties; good thing you live far away because I am not sure I could keep up with the Hagadorns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great use of that beautiful patio and bar area. Nice that you have that flat area for all the sports, too. Well, Henry, I won't hold my breath until you get that outdoor t.v., but I will sit out there & watch it with you - - NCIS, King & Maxwell, Person of Interest, etc. Hope all the birthday people enjoyed their special days and the family party celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see all the birthday people had such a good time. Then again when do the NC Hagadorn's and friends not have a good time. And you do seem to have a lot of parties but all looks like fun. Way to go Shawn, getting to sign the board!! Jared and Shawn lucky to have such a pretty birthday girl between them. Barb, I would have given a lot to witness your "lockout"...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forget to leave the door unlocked for your wife but remember to take a picture of the incident, oh Henry Hagadorn what are we going to do with you!?!

    ReplyDelete