Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dominican Republic

Well kids I'm sure by now you're like me and sick of the Christmas craziness!  I was thinking that maybe I should bribe your mother with a trip the month of December so I wouldn't have to go through all this!  Well that got my thinking about a trip that we took in 2011 to the Dominican Republic with Gail & Kyle.  Boy wouldn't it be nice to be there right now!  This was our 2nd all inclusive trip and as with the others it was a blast.  This one was special because the women are allowed to go topless so Kyle and I counted 43 topless women!!  I never realized there were so many different shapes and sizes...but there are!

Anyway it was a fun filled week with dune buggy rides, lots of beach time, lots of pool time and plenty of adult beverages.  Now I know this is going to sound bad but when you go to these resorts the biggest stress of the day is waiting for the bar at the beach to open at 10am...and yes there is a line at that time and yes that line usually included Gail and me!!


We learned after Mexico to buy these big cups to save trips to the bar



You will be happy to know that your mother and Gail kept their tops on but it wasn't because they wanted to...actually I made your mother mad because I told her that her boobs were too old to show!

 
We went on an excursion and rented a dune buggy...it was a blast but they tried to keep you in line and at a certain speed. 

Gail & Kyle

As you can imagine they had planned stops along the way for the locals to try to sell you stuff...let me change the word "try" to "did" in your mothers case!


This was a great cove with an excellent view

There were mud puddles along the way and we were covered in mud that never washed out!


At the top of the mountain guess what, more locals trying to sell you stuff...notice what the name of their stores are


They also had a cave that you could go swimming in...I did not do this but your mother and Gail did...no way I am getting in the water with some of the people that we saw!!

 
As with all the resorts, they treat like royalty and the hotels are amazing.  All the hotels have swim up bars and plenty of help to serve you.  The tips are included in the cost but we seem to always end up tipping more.  The hotel in the Dominican even served you on the beach!!



Gail & Kyle had an earlier flight home then we did but when we arrived at the airport they were still there...they ended having the flight from hell getting home and actually didn't make it till the next day.
 
Great trip, great fun, great company and a must for the Bucket List!!

2 comments:

  1. We loved the DR when we went also. But I noticed most of your pictures have alcohol in them....odd lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and great wishful thinking Henry. Maybe one of these years you will go on a vacation instead of decorating but can't see it in your near future :-)

    ReplyDelete