Monday, May 20, 2013

The Grill

Well kids Saturday was the day to put the grill together.  I figured this would not be an easy job but with my mechanical skill I knew I could do it.  Although just to be on the safe side I called in the HGTV superstar Stephanie Harrell to help!  Sean told me that the guy at the store said it took him an hour and a half to do it so I figured 2 hours tops!

I got started while waiting on Stephanie to arrive and pulled everything out of the box.  As you can see there were 1,000 parts and as you know I am not satisfied unless I can put screws in, then take them back out, flip over parts and re-screw them back!  It's the engineering background that I have.

Anyway once Stephanie got there it went pretty smooth and for the most part she would only allow me to screw things in once.  We completed the task in 3 hours including clean up.



Where do I start??
 
 

 
 

 
As you can see we moved it to the back (BTW this thing weighs a ton), seasoned it and fired it up!  It worked great and the three of us cooked some steaks over the charcoal last night.
 
Thanks again kids for my Birthday/Father's Day gift and thank you Stephanie for helping me put it together!

3 comments:

  1. It amazes me that with having the same father YOU know nothing! He taught me to put down floors; do wallpaper; etc. Good thing you have those kids or you and Barb would have to live in assisted living apartments!!!
    Very nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was too funny...laughed at part of the story. Thank you ever faithful granddaughter Stephanie for coming to your Dad's rescue. Really nice grill. Great gift and I know you and Barb will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU MAKE ME SOOOOO PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete