Friday, July 5, 2013

Dinner at Ruth's Chris

Well kids there are some things that your grandmother gets very frustrated about with your grandfather...ok well maybe more then some things but 3 come to mind...it took her almost 4 years to convince him to get their new RV, he refused to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse because it cost too much and he has never taken her to Hawaii.  See your grandfather is very cautious when it comes to spending money and when it involves a lot of money he is even more cautious.  So spending $50 on a steak seemed unreasonable to him and then when he found out he would have to spend another $10 for each side he ordered that just put him over the top.

Anyway Ryan & Dee gave us a gift card last year for Christmas which we hadn't used yet and while shopping at Costco your grandparents found some gift cards there...$100 worth of gift cards only cost them $80...so I guess the stars were in your grandmothers favor and a dinner reservation was made!

So last Saturday night we went.  Like most restaurants downtown they offered free valet parking.  When we go downtown to hang out we usually have to pay $5 to park in a parking garage so free was good although I gave the guy a $5 tip.  Valet parking is nice because you pull right up to the door and in you go.  We had a early reservation and we arrived about 20 minutes before that but they sat us right away.

Sorry about the eyes but this was taken with my IPhone

The meals were excellent as usual...not that we go a lot but your mother and I have now been 5 times over the last 15 years or so.  Twice in Raleigh, once in Atlanta with your grandparents Hagadorn, once here at the Southpark location with the Ferentz's and now at the downtown location.

I don't remember how much everyone's meals were but I had the ribeye and mine was $43, grandpa had the veal chop and the ladies had a filet variety plate which included 3 filets with 3 different toppings.  We shared some asparagus and loaded baked potato's.  I had 1 beer and Mom & Grandma each had 1 glass of wine...the total damages were $350 including the tip!  This is why we don't go more often.

Anyway after dinner we took them on a short tour of the city, my work, Stephanie's work and then we headed back to the RV for a night cap...another late night since I didn't get to bed until 11pm but it was well worth it...great food, great time, great parking and great company.

So to sum things up...2012 a new RV...2013 dinner at Ruth's Chris...2014 Hawaii??  No pressure.

Our trip to Hawaii in 2005

3 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure my $10 steak from Roadhouse tastes just as good as your $43 one....BIG difference is that I could AFFORD to drive myself home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought the dinner at Ruth's Criss was your treat and what a surprised it was to me when you asked me to pay for our share. Oh well, at least I can cross it off my bucket list. Now I just have to find the $10 steak at the Roadhouse that Sandy is talking about.

    You forgot the Creme Brulee and thankfully the girls didn't order one of those $90 bottles of wine.

    Yes, I know, whine whine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also loved Ruth Criss but agree it is a tad bit expensive but well worth at least one trip for your bucket list. And, crème brulee would get me (and the Knowltons) there anytime. And yes Larry, time to go to Hawaii. One of the most beautiful places to visit. Been there twice and would go again...maybe for our 60th Hon?? Another hot day. Was steamy out there at 8am...sure hope it cools off soon. Have a great day everyone. Enjoying my last day being the same age as Dad--not that he ever mentions it of course :-)

    ReplyDelete