Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kings Dominion 1981

Well kids over the years we have taken you to a thousand amusement parks...as a matter of fact one year for vacation we visited a different park everyday!

One of the best places for amusement parks is in central Virginia.  This part of Virginia has a lot of parks within a couple hours of each other...Busch Gardens, Water Country, Ocean Breeze Water Park and Kings Dominion along with some great sites to see in Williamsburg.  If you are adding amusement parks to your Bucket List you should plan on staying in Williamsburg so you are right in the middle of things. 

Anyway I thought it would be fun to show you some of the ones we have been to here and there throughout the summer.  I am going to start with a trip to Kings Dominion that your mother and I took Uncle Larry to in 1981(he was 10).  As you know it is located just outside of Richmond in a town called Doswell.  I remember going to pick him up on my motorcycle and then meeting your mother at her apartment.  Now that I think back on it your grandmother must have been a nervous wreck letting him go with me but all turned out ok.



We were still living in the Gaithersburg area so Kings Dominion was about a 2 hour ride.  Their big claim to fame is an old wooden roller coaster called "The Rebel Yell" which was awesome but now in my old age I have given up roller coaster rides...yes I got sick of throwing up after each ride!

Anyway over the years the park added a lot of different rides and kept up with the times.  If you ride up 95 you can see the park from the highway along with the Eiffel Tower. 

 
Are those tube socks?

The Rebel Yell


Larry and me


Driving these type cars was always one of my favorite things to do...0-5 mph in 20 minutes

Your mother and Larry loved the spinning rides...I watched.

We haven't changed a bit...sort of?


1 comment:

  1. Your getting just like your grandfather (a thousand amusement parks) except your grandfather did things in millions (like I brought home a million pencils, what did you do with the million pens I gave you, or a million etc )You had some fun times

    ReplyDelete