Thursday, November 7, 2013

Practice Thanksgiving

Well kids since everyone would be running all over the place during the Thanksgiving holiday, Taylor & Sean decided to do an early Thanksgiving dinner!  I am not sure how the practice part came in but whenever Turkey is involved I'm more then willing to show up.

Your mother and I arrived in time to watch State play UNC and it started off great...enough said.  Soon Vickie, Eddie, Jared & Hannah showed up and shortly after Stephanie & Shawn.  Ryan had some things going on during the day but made it for dinner.

It was a very relaxing day and a lot of fun to catch up with everyone.  We are fortunate to have all you kids live close by but it still seems like we don't have enough one on one bonding time...so this worked out great.

As you know Sean & Taylor have the perfect basement for an afternoon of football, pool and hanging out.

Hanging out watching college football!



Vickie talking about Tuna


 Everyone loves to shoot pool but as usual Jared and I always walk away with the trophy!


 
Time for dinner!
 

 




 
Just like on Thanksgiving Day...we all ate way too much and crashed hard back downstairs on the couch.  Of course there were plenty of desserts and of course we ate all of them just so we could complain how stuffed we were!!
 
 
Well we ended the night with a lot of laughs trying to get a group photo!  I have never tried the timer and luckily Taylor had an idea on how it worked and Ryan figured out how to set it up on the fireplace.  Ok so I set it and ran to my spot...waiting, waiting, waiting...then Taylor said did you push the button...what button?  Ok back to the camera, set the timer, pushed the button and ran to my spot!  Then we forgot that we set it to take 2 pictures so I ran to see how it came out in the middle of the 2nd shot...ok finally we got a couple good ones but not before everyone got a good hard laugh at the fat guy running back & forth to the camera!
 


Great time, great food and great laughter! 

5 comments:

  1. Are you guys going to start celebrating Thanksgiving all month like Stephanie celebrates her birthday?

    Looks like you all had a great time and plenty of food. Did you get to take any leftovers back to your house?

    Have fun out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, was that a tommy turkey??????

    Second, you made us VERY PROUD with your camera operational skills!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of early Tommy Turkey Day. Looks like it was a lot of fun. I have all our decorations out but that is as far as I have gotten. I do have the makings for pumpkin pie already. One year they ran out of the kind I get so I got it early. Now do you have another Tommy Turkey Day on the 28th? Hi to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that since you already celebrated Thanksgiving then you have no reason NOT to come to NY and celebrate again with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I don't know if our parents were as proud of us as I am of you, but it tickles me to death to come to our children's homes to have a meal that they prepared! It's so amazing to be treated to your hospitality, your growing culinary skills and your wonderful host/hostess warmth! Looking forward to this weekends round with Jared & Hannah & then to Stephanie & Shawn's!

    ReplyDelete